Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  05:15:11  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Here is a list of who's coming this year! Really looking forward to seeing everyone. Please email me or reply here so your name may be added. And PLEASE...If you are family please let me know! This will be updated as we go...

Family:
Chris Newbury*
Denise Henry
The Traveling Newburys, all 400 of them

Performers:

George Ensle*
Doug Gill*
Danny Griego*
Cass Hunter*
Louis Johnson*
Kacey Jones*
Lynn Langham*
Freddy and Catherine Powers*
Bo Roberts*
Jonmark Stone*
Russell Bartlett
Monk Burris*
Ernie Bunch*
Ivan Lackey*

Friends:
Angela Blair
Cherie Brautigam
Barry Bruner
Steve Cartelli
Mike, Judy Charest and Mary Bell
Gloria & Pat Comingore
Lynn & Wydell Dixon
Jeff Douglas
Steve & Kathy Enfinger
Erik the Dane
Betty & Don Ferguson
Doug Ferguson
Joe Gilchrist
Ron & Susie Goodwin-Dyer
Jamie Gori
Dale Hamilton
Dawn Jones
Janet Klock
Dorothy Kranz
Joey Latunski (da Sheriff)
Felix & Barb Manion
Billy Martin
Jackie McKee
Shari Morris
Katina Reid
Cynthia Scott
Bill Smith
Sylvia Stamps
Barbara Tidwell
Janis Tillerson
Lyn Viles
Craig & Janet Wilkins
Susan Williamson
Lib Wilson
Sue Ann Zerre

Edited by - Craig on 06/18/2014 04:08:25

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  11:48:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
God be willing, I'll be there. Air? Bus? or ... drive?
Will have to shine them Sheriff badges.

J3

Inquiring minds knead da dough, y'know! cuz ... 'the Future's Not' ...
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2014 :  11:55:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh, if LEE FRY is out there lurking, post here and let me know if you might be coming. OK?

Joey, cuz

Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2014 :  11:25:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Crowne Plaza Hotel needs to get their act together. When I called, they first told me there was only 9 rooms set aside for the Gathering. Then when I made my reservations, I was told it could only be up to Sunday 22nd. After I finished with Stephany (in Manila, Philippines), she had it corrected so I could stay Sunday at the Gathering rate. When I got the confirmation, it had me with 1 king-size bed other than the 2 queen-size I wanted. I will see if I can straighten this out by calling them direct.

When I did call them (earlier), I asked about their shuttle service from the airport. I was told it was complimentary. When I got the confirmation, it said it wasn't ($30 each way).

Will give them another call.

Joey,

Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  16:12:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Joey L.

Crowne Plaza Hotel needs to get their act together. When I called, they first told me there was only 9 rooms set aside for the Gathering. Then when I made my reservations, I was told it could only be up to Sunday 22nd. After I finished with Stephany (in Manila, Philippines), she had it corrected so I could stay Sunday at the Gathering rate. When I got the confirmation, it had me with 1 king-size bed other than the 2 queen-size I wanted. I will see if I can straighten this out by calling them direct.

When I did call them (earlier), I asked about their shuttle service from the airport. I was told it was complimentary. When I got the confirmation, it said it wasn't ($30 each way).

Will give them another call.

Joey,

Face palm...
Go to Top of Page

Dale Hamilton
Sitter

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  19:43:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yo, Craig...

I've got Wings, Wheels and my Pad nailed down for Gathering 2014! I will be arriving at Austin-Bergstrom on Delta #2471 at 3:21 pm on Tuesday 17 June 2014. Erik, take note. Looking forward once again to seeing many dear and smiling faces.

Finest kind,
Dale

Edited by - Dale Hamilton on 03/11/2014 19:45:46
Go to Top of Page

erik "the dane"
Rocker

Denmark
475 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  23:25:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dale and others!

Arrival in AUSTIN Tuesday 17th JUNE - ready to pick me up DALE - ha!

Flying in with Delta Airlines DL 706
And be arrival "they say" 9:47 p.m.

sincerely

erik "the Dane"
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  09:17:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hiya Erik and Dale!!

I will be catching the shuttle this time Wed. June 18th, coming in 1:15 pm or so. I cleared it with Crowne Plaza --- yep, it IS complementary, just maybe tip the driver.

Leaving Austin Monday, June 23rd, 5:55pm. Dale, if you are heading towards the airport anytime prior .... Hint.

Oh, this time, I might be bringing a newer walker, a 'Cadillac' version (4-wheel, porta seat/looks like a pottie haha). I am getting around a lot better these days, so I might just be motating using my trusty 'woodie' cane.

Looking forward to seein' you guyz!!!

Joey, da Sheriff and charter member of the 'Last Men (and Women) Standing Club ---

Go to Top of Page

erik "the dane"
Rocker

Denmark
475 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  09:54:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Joey!

We ALWAYS looking forward for seeing you and your new four wheeler Cadillac in Austin.

Take care

erik "the Dane"
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  12:05:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JUST AN IDEA.

Does anybody have, or can anybody bring a video or anything that could be shown to a mini-crowd of Gatherings past? I remember we used to have some stuff to show around, like memories of those who have passed and are now with Mickey? I'll try to bring some of my photos. If we could have it played, I'll bring my video of Perdido Key Gathering.

Like I said ... JUST A THOUGHT.
Joey, cuz

Go to Top of Page

larry larry
Firefly

USA
3852 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  09:25:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I still have my dvd, that I was given, of Herman T. dancing at Mamie's wedding shower.
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  11:51:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now, THAT's one I gotta see

I was at that Gathering (Mamie's wedding), but was FORCED to hang out at the bar and missed your 'performance'.

I remember when we had trivia contests, videos and Jim's pranks he'd pull ... and I do miss Felix and Barb's grub ... yum, yum.

I think I made a wrong turn down memory lane, cuz

Go to Top of Page

Ernie
Rocker

342 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  14:48:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, so I just booked a room.
Ernie
Go to Top of Page

Jonmark
Windchimer

USA
1791 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  21:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Jonmark's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ernie who?
Go to Top of Page

Ernie
Rocker

342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  10:30:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now there you go again.
Go to Top of Page

Jonmark
Windchimer

USA
1791 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  10:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Jonmark's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It'll be good to see you Senator.
Go to Top of Page

larry larry
Firefly

USA
3852 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  21:22:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jonmark

Seriously?
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  11:19:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
SENATOR???I thought he was mayor in charge of vice

Joey

Go to Top of Page

Ernie
Rocker

342 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  16:34:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by larry larry

quote:

Seriously?

Larry Larry ,
Please tell me your family moved to Texas from "up North" when you were a kid or your Dad was a kid. My father and I were just discussing geneology and we have Moores in the family 4 generations back. I am absolutely mortified by the possibilities!
Go to Top of Page

larry larry
Firefly

USA
3852 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  18:26:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can relax. My dad lived in North Carolina, most of his years in an orphanage. From what I've been told, my dads mother died when he was very young and his dad gave him and his sister to the orphanage. A little later my dad and his twin sister were adopted by the Moore's , then his dad died and Mrs. Moore gave them back to the orphanage. He talked about being the orphanage bus driver at age 17. He also told of the bigger boys, when he was little, picking him up by his ankles and lowering his head into the commode. Don't think he ever knew how to show real love. He was a mean sucker. Saw him kick many a man's butt. He didn't have to bust my butt more than a couple of times. Those few times that he did, made a believer out of me. It all came to a head when I was around 19 and my friends were over and my dad came back to the den, drunk, and told me to put on the boxing gloves ( A bunch of us used to box over at my house.). He wanted to see what I had. Nothing like going at it with a wild, mean, built up angered drunk guy.

I don't guess you want to hear all this but it just seems make bad memories explode when I think of him.

My dads real last name was Rhodes. I cried my eyes out when he died. But don't know why. We only got along when my daughter was born. He died just a few months before Monicaa turned 1

LL

quote:
Originally posted by Ernie

quote:
Originally posted by larry larry

quote:

Seriously?

Larry Larry ,
Please tell me your family moved to Texas from "up North" when you were a kid or your Dad was a kid. My father and I were just discussing geneology and we have Moores in the family 4 generations back. I am absolutely mortified by the possibilities!

Go to Top of Page

Ernie
Rocker

342 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  13:57:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, now I feel better and worse. Sorry to have hijacked this thread.
Ernie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000