Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 The Back Porch
 Gathering 2013
 Bad news for me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ronsongz
Rocker

USA
233 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  12:00:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I guess I'm just not supposed to attend a gathering. My wife's
brother had surgery last Thurs. for a melanoma of the lung, and
his prognosis is dim. He lives alone just west of St. Louis, and we have to go there June 21st. to take our turn caring for him during
his convalescence.

To say I am unhappy would be a gross understatement.

Ron :(

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  14:08:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Family first, Ron. That's why some of us are staying home.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2013 :  14:20:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ron, so sorry! We were looking forward to seeing you! Hope that you and your wife bring comfort to her brother. I am sure that it means a lot to him for the both of you to be there.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

larry larry
Firefly

USA
3852 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  13:55:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ronsongz

his prognosis is dim. He lives alone just west of St. Louis, and we have to go there June 21st. to take our turn caring for him during
his convalescence.

But to say God trust you, to do this, is a blessing. Plus I won't have to share my Blue Bell with you. If I get to come, that is. All the money we have is earmarked for taking the family to Disney World, in Sept. and property taxes of about $2,800 + the $2,400 we just sent the IRS.
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3793 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2013 :  03:00:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by larry larry

quote:

his convalescence.

But to say God trust you, to do this, is a blessing. Plus I won't have to share my Blue Bell with you. If I get to come, that is. All the money we have is earmarked for taking the family to Disney World, in Sept. and property taxes of about $2,800 + the $2,400 we just sent the IRS.

Double L, they're watching you...

Craig
Go to Top of Page

larry larry
Firefly

USA
3852 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2013 :  08:42:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Craig

quote:
Originally posted by larry larry

quote:

his convalescence.

Double L, they're watching you...

Craig

It's because I'm a conservative!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Smith
Windchimer

2390 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2013 :  08:24:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ron, I was so looking forward to finally meeting you, but family first is right. Hey, maybe next year, pal. God bless!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000