Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 The Back Porch
 Gathering 2012
 Reminders, info, etc...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic  Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SusanW
Rocker

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  12:52:25  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Everybody,

I'm getting so excited to see you all very soon, next week, a week from TODAY for many of us. I'll actually be arriving Monday evening. (I can't believe I'm beating Erik to the gathering, heh)

Sue Ann and I worked on some of the details earlier this week and did another walk through at the hotel. We both independently felt the good energy of the room and hope you all like it as much as we do. There is another group that will be at the hotel during the Gathering. It's a group of military families being reunited after deployment overseas. We got all excited and told Stephanie to please invite them to come listen. There is going to be a babysitting service for their younger children until 9pm next door to our hospitality room.

Sue Ann and I would like to remind you to please support the silent auction and guitar raffle. Our efforts are not without expenses, and we depend on the proceeds to cover them. We are keeping costs to bare minimum this year, but, we are paying for the hospitality room, and the sound system etc... So, if you have something to bring to auction, please, please, and bid 'em up when you get here.

If you are a professional performer and have CD's for sale, you are welcome to display them, and Sue Ann and her volunteer staff will handle the sales. Please stop by and visit with Sue Ann when you arrive, right inside the door of the lounge and make sure she has your info and a supply of your product.

Please support the artists who make their way here on their own dime to entertain us. Buy a CD or several and leave them a few bucks as a contribution for their travel expenses. There is no registration fee this year, so, please direct your generosity toward the musical branch of our "family". Sue Ann will collect and make sure they get your gifts.

For anyone arriving by Wednesday, there's a really good seafood market/restaurant/bar close by the hotel called Quality Seafood, on Airport, the other side of I-35. They have softshell crab on special every Wednesday, and there's always music. Let's plan on all going there...say 6:30pm.

Thursday we have the Waterloo hospitality room open and may have the sound equipment set up in the lounge for open mic night, or there may be someone playing off site we want to check out.
(Feel free to make suggestions below?)

Plans are still fluid before Friday evening at 6pm when our performances are scheduled to begin.

We will have a sign up sheet at the front desk if you want to share your room # and contact info.

Have a safe journey to Austin, everyone!

~SusanW~

P.S. If you have any questions, need help with rooms, etc... email me or give me a call 210-827-2325
  Previous Topic Topic  Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000