Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 158 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3772 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  02:11:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fog horn mourning in the distance, a ship slowly passes through the light haze of twilight just before the dawn.

"Was that a dot or dash I saw?" The old bosun's eyes and mind aren't as bright as they used to be...

craig
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  06:46:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Me too, Ro. Me too.

Love ya,

Joe

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  18:39:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They're in haunted Heaven. Sunshine everywhere. The air heavy with fragrance and birdsong. Distracting at first, but you get used to it. And it's his recipe after all. She's slicing apples in the pearly kitchen. That once forbidden fruit. He's trying to hold body and soul together when she sees him crossing the leaf-blown yard. Waving his way between the smoke trees and the veils of green mesquite. A radiance showing through the hole in his left breast pocket. When he opens the door she drops the cinnamon sticks, and the knob of nutmeg too. There's the familiar shine of salt and sealight where his footsteps touch the floor. Ash in his hair and on his shoulders. Honey on his tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  18:42:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...and lights. We want lights on the patio. Lots of lights, baby. Lots of lights..."
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  08:05:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Rev Buckman wrote this passage on page one of this wonderful thread:

There is so much more behind you than
you are apt to meet up ahead
that there is nothing
or no one to fear anymore...
Your strength and resolve,
what little you have left,
is not of your making,
it has come from
somewhere else,
but it carries with it a price,
a responsibility that you have ignored for
too long now...
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  22:19:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Joe~ Mick once said our past here was longer than our future. His emphasis was on here which he believed was just a moment's passing. "A blink in the big picture." We also talked about boats and fishing that day. I told him everything I knew about fishing was what I read in Ray Carver and Hemmingway. Then we talked about fish having souls. Or birds and other creatures. Even inanimate objects. "...this pen," he said, "...and this turkey sandwich..." and he laughed his gravelly laugh. His curiosity was a marvel but his laugh was something to behold.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  22:25:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reverend B~

"The story may stop...but the love will continue...forever."

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  15:00:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
“Hold your horses,” says the guest, interrupting the desk clerk. “If bad guys lie below and cherubs stay above, then I know exactly where we are.”

The De JaVu Inn desk clerk looks the guest up and down and answers calmly, poker-face eyes giving nothing away. “It’s your choice, sir. We’re booked years in advance.”
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  18:36:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You know the place. You've seen the road before on your way to somewhere else. Pavement Ends the sign says.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Z
Windchimer

USA
1802 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  10:47:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where the highway ends, she said “Ciao, baby.” As she went a whiter shade of pale, I heard her say, “Been this way so many times I don’t know if I’m coming or going.”

Edited by - Joe Z on 05/26/2007 07:18:15
Go to Top of Page

BarbraG
Windchimer

1821 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  17:54:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is who I am who I want to be ?
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  18:46:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just up ahead is the Lost Hotel where you check in by the season. The reason I suppose is the view. And the one who is waiting for you. Patiently waiting. Who'll tell you how people get broken and partially fixed. Just a little piece of the puzzle missing. Grey cardboard where there used to be blue.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  08:32:11  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I took my cardboard suitcase, held together with duct tape and headed from my parent's house at eighteen looking for the Hotel America. Evryone else had backpacks and sleeping bags so they called me a beat. I had seen and known the "beatniks" in Greenwich Village and it was a badge of courage to me as I crossed America five times on foot in the next years...

Rev Buckman

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  08:33:42  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Stacked high
my past lives and memories sit among my many old books...

If I have absolutely nothing to read or keep me busy
I will sometimes wade into them and pick one out...

It is important to have something new to read

And to stay busy...

Hank Beukema [47 Days in The Light]

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  08:36:59  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks be to Ro, Craig, Duke, AussieD, JoeZ and now, wonderfully, Barbara and all of the others that have made this page a continuing, flowing,comforting place to be... It is important to read the words of another's heart without the trappings of the world's filters...

I bow to the holy artist in you all...

Hank
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  14:18:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reverend B~

Red right returning. Three bells.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  14:29:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"The blade had crossed me throat and left its mark there. 'I thought you were dead' most people said when they met me. I was just another busker drownin' in Dublintown. Then I found me a life in the edit." He nods to the woman on the seawall with the long, fly-away hair. Lean John with his green brogue and Dubliner's intuition. "Cobblestone and neon, nah!" He spits and shakes his head and sips his coffee, thick as a cup of crude. In San Diego he plays on the boardwalk with Samson. The big guy who does the stone sculptures. That balancing art that defies wind and imagination. They've got a good thing going, too. Lean John knows how to kick up the tempo when Samson is working the stones. John's wife is tossing bits of Kettle Korn to the gulls while watching the tourists pull into the Hotel Del. "Gonna be a swell weekend!" she says.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1780 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  20:34:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They're doing Show-and-Tell down at Sunrise. Sharing their 'How I got here' stories. Robber's writing everything down. "If you're writin' a book there, girl, make it a mystery and leave my chapter out. By God, you'll have us all makin' key chains soon!" McKenna says, and slides his chair closer to Elise's. "If you're not participating you may quietly leave the room," Alma Cottswold says, looking down her fine patrician nose. Alma's angry and feeling jilted. She's not planning on making friends with Elise soon either. "Sheesh!" McKenna says, winking at blushing Elise, "sure looks to be one long hot summer here."

Edited by - Ailinn on 05/28/2007 20:41:06
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3772 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  21:42:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"It smells like Delcambre!" Ryan exclaimed.

We went to the outfall today, down by the docks. The cleansing rains of the weekend awakened the smells familiar to the watermen, those that make their living from the inland waters on the edge of the saltgrass marsh. These are the waters of Black Duck Bay, Fat Rat Pass and Vingt Et Un.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3772 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  21:09:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/clubleaf206/santacruzsunset.jpg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 158  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000