New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 151 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  18:23:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dreams are the carriage that carry us.
Close your sleepy eyes, now.
Dream.

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Doug Lang
Swinger

Canada
1135 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  19:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Doug Lang's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After a lengthy struggle with cancer, Canadian poet Blake Parker
died last Tuesday, the 30th of January, in Nelson BC.

You can hear some of Blake's poetry at the link below. Listen to
Body Talk first, then Shadow Of The World, both from Blake's
Terminal City Trilogy, a three-cd set recorded in the time after
his chemotherapy failed and he lived with his death every day.

http://www.blakeparker.com/listen_to_blake/listentoblake.htm

Blake Parker (1943-2007)

http://www.myspace.com/dukelang
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
506 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  00:50:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Love Incarnate
eyes of fire
burn deep into my soul
reveal my guilt
my shame

Love Incarnate
surrenders to
the sword of Wrath,
lays down his life
for his sheep

Love Incarnate
consumes my guilt
my shame,
arises victorious
to give gifts of eternal life.

AD
Feb 2007
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  19:00:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The accident happened three days ago on her birthday. Now she's deep in the plush upholstered back seat. The heavy suitcase between her patent leather feet that don't reach all the way to the car's carpeted floor. She doesn't look out the window. The landscape sliding by. Clouds and windshield wipers. She doesn't turn her head left or right, or take her eyes off the man who is driving. The back of his head. His silent, dark suit collar. His official cap. She's not afraid. She's angry. She's nine years old and she knows where she's going. To the trains in their dirt and cinder yard. North and south they travel. She doesn't know which way will be hers. There's a window between her and the man. She wants to tap on the glass and say, "Keep going! Don't stop!" She wants to find the place where her daddy is waiting. A treat in his pocket. A speckled blue marzipan egg in a cellophane wrapper. A gold ribbon she'll tie around her finger like a ring. She doesn't think about the past or the future. She practices being angry.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  19:03:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hold the hand of the one who leads you across the dirt yard. Refuse the blindfold. Ready... Aim... Hurry! Here comes the train in its tunnel of rain.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  19:36:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Answered prayers. Happy day. Nothing can harm you. Dream now.
~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1354 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  19:39:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Upon a stone, in the hearafter, an inscription:

"Started more than I could finish ...
dreamt of more than I could start ...
still dreamin' ".

J3

The Future's Not ...
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  05:34:24  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Melinda told me that there were
Too many of me inside for her to love
And rode on ahead of me into the nite...
I called after her and said,
Pick one of me,
Stay close for a few miles...

I'll try to head in that direction...

Rev Buckman

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  12:25:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sunday morning. He sits with his back to the open oven door. The sun rising behind his cold shoulders. He's smearing the toast with fig preserves. Licking his sticky fingers. She has fire in her eyes. A rolling pin in her hand. A temper like loose mercury. She keeps things in the kitchen below flash point. Stirs the pots and keeps a lid on things. He acquiesces with a grin when she hums under her breath and taps time with a wooden ladle. The story began when he shouldered her duffle. Marched her up the gangplank in a flinty dawn. "I know everything about you," he said, "don't try to escape." O what wailing she sent up that morning. So they crossed the mighty wide water. Six weeks at the rail in the serpents mouth. The moon flaking its scaly silver into the tarnished sea. Reason enough to go mad. Now she's reaching for the grinder with its tiny fragrant drawer. The coffee beans in their twist of brown paper. He tips back in his gravity-defying chair and nods. "...in the sea house a dream keeps them breathing..." he says, continuing his long tale of revolution.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
FULL MOON EMPTY HEART

When Melinda first knocked on my door
Looking for a place to land
I told her that I had built walls
Around my heart and that I was
Never going to let anyone ever get
Close enough to hurt me ever again...

Apparently I was mistaken...

Tonight, by the light of the full moon,
My old heart found a new path thru the woods
And into the river of pain...

Think I'll just sit here awhile
And let the water wash over me...

Rev Buckman

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:05:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In this universe...every chance meeting was...carefully planned an eternity ago.

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4924 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  18:26:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I believe it.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  18:20:36  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The four horses race downhill to the cliff
Following Melinda riding Moonbeam...
I try to wake up but I can't...
Melinda is wrong about me
But she can no longer hear me...
If I wake from the nightmare
I'll wake from the dream...

Four months of dreaming,
Can I get thru a nightmare or two?

I've had better weeks...

Rev Buckman

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  18:45:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Some Tuesdays I stop in at Sunrise Assisted Living ~with a special neighborhood for the memory impaired~ Bottom of my hill across from the Library.

It's Robber's day to volunteer. She's in the lunchroom reading her own translation from the "new" Book of Durrow where Eve steps out of Adam with a chip on her shoulder. Faces Adam's peppery grin and electric blue eyes. His chin split by divination. On the table, two apples, A Chinese take-out menu, a pistol with instructions for Russian Roulette. "Choose," God says. He's setting the stage with shadows and candles. A skip in her heartbeat which He notices right away. Which He later reminds her of. "You knew it, hahaha," He laughs his gravelly laugh, "and I knew it too." Here His voice grows graver. His look allows no appeal. "I see 'tis out of the frying pan and into the pressure cooker to stew in my own juices," Eve says. She shakes her head and narrows her eyes defiantly. Goes back to her pages. Kitchen Magic. Which is not a cook book. Nor a tome on domesticity. Which is Battle Plans and Strategies for the Ages. Ancient history.

"Well, I guess she's got a bug up her bum," Alma Cottswold says. "Different strokes..." says McKenna. "Touche," says Chloe. "Vae Victus!" says Robber with a wink on her way to the salad bar.
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4924 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  19:03:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ms O....please email me.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  19:46:56  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
YOU NEVER SAW THE BEST OF ME

I had one dance left inside me
Steppin lightly on the glass
Girl, you never saw the best of me
But you sure did see the last

This old shacks been closed a long time
But I left a light on in the hall
You moved in and out in no time
The lights gone out
And that is all

That is all there's gonna be this time
Man, it came and went so fast

Gonna go out to the desert
Where no one can see me cry
What's the sense in climbing mountains
When you're just left high and dry

I had one dance left inside me
Steppin lightly on the glass

Gonna go talk to the river
Gonna give prayer one last shot
Of all the things I asked you for
I never really asked a lot

That is all there's gonna be this time
Man, it came and went so fast
But you sure did see the last...

Hank Beukema - revbuckmanmusic - 2007

Edited by - buckman on 02/20/2007 21:35:45
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  21:48:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sand on the floor when she opens the door. Someone in the kitchen. Whistling.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  16:06:34  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
IT'S A PITY TO SPOIL IT ALL

There's a part of me that knew the truth
While I waited for her call
There's a part of me living memories
It's a pity to spoil it all

There's a part of me that looked ahead
Saw us heading for a fall
There's a part of me that closed my eyes

I woke up inside a dream
I never wanted to end
There's a whole lot of fences
I never got to mend
When you think of it, with pride aside
There's no reason we can't bend
When it comes right down to it
Can't a lover be a friend?

There's a part of me still knows the truth
While I'm waiting for her call
There's a part of me living memories

There's a part of me that looks ahead
Sees us going for it all
There's a part of me that closes my eyes
It's a pity to spoil it all...

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  19:08:22  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
NEVER GONNA FIND A HEART LIKE MINE

You're gonna have to look in evry town
You're gonna have to look til the stars fall down
You're gonna have to look a long, long time
You're gonna have to look til you're ninety nine

You can search in every bar
You can search both near and far
You can search down by the river
You can search til it makes you shiver...

You're never gonna find a heart like mine
One that loves you for all time
Never gonna find a heart like this
Never gonna find such a sweet, sweet kiss

Even if you live forever and a day
No one better's gonna pass your way
Even if you have a real good plan
No one's gonna be a better man

Knock me down, I'll be your toy
Laugh with me, I'll be your boy
Lay in my arms, tell me your fears
Come back to my bed, I'll dry your tears...

Never gonna find such a sweet, sweet kiss

Darlin,
You're never gonna find such a sweet, sweet kiss...

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1612 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  17:08:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Her face is a waif's face. Dark eyes set with sooty fingers. A vagrants vanishing perspective gaze. Chopped hair and chipped black nail polish. Tie-dye from some ancient Good Will run. Scuffed and laceless Doc Martens. "Well...jus' 'til I get my life back in order," Roberta Barron says. Alias Robber. Chole's intractable granddaughter has secured "temporary permanent employment" at Sunrise Retirement Home. Alma Cottswold looks anxious and skeptical. McKenna just nods. 'Plucky' is the word ascribed to Robber as a child. She heard it as 'lucky'. Expects happy endings. The glass brim-full and spilling. "Fer sure," Robber says, grinning her insouciant grin. Who's that pulling into the gravel parking lot, now? Bleary-eyed from traveling through a dream-riddled dark. Stars sliding across the worn dashboard. His hand on his passengers knee. An alibi on FM radio. He slides out of the drivers seat and comes around. Her sequined sandal touches the ground. "Careful, my Love..." he says in his southern gentleman drawl, "...that first step's a tricky one." He reaches for her. His transparent hand substantial again. His old grip with its pressing magic. "Oh-oh..." says Chloe, "...here comes the family reunion."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 151  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000