Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 150 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  15:51:18  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OVER THE LINE

I painted myself into a corner
But footprints
Are just about to become part of my design
Now that I've found myself
Over the line.
And I cannot blame any body
But myself
Cause every single choice I ever made was mine
And now I find myself
A little outta line.

You see the signs
A lovelight shines
Between the lines
A lovelight shines
Between the lines

There's a lot of water under the bridges
That are burning
But It's a fact we can finally float or fly just fine
But Baby don't get tangled
In the bottom line.

Looking back into the darkness
Will only
Blind your mind and heart and feed you that
same old line
Come and we will cross
The great divine

You see the signs
A lovelight shines
Between the lines
A lovelight shines
Between the lines

JIMMIE DALE GILMORE

I have messed up one time too many.... Pray for me....
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  01:51:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
....every single choice I ever made was mine
every single choice I ever made was mine
every single choice I ever made was mine

yesterday's newspaper
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:00:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
todays present
is only tomorrows past
and yesterday's newspaper
is soon surely forgotten

un-fortunate-ly
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:03:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wish I was a willow tree
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:06:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
autumn leaves the trees all burning red
winter
gently lays her seeds to bed

but life remains a mystery

what does a forest have to do with you
and me?

~*~
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:14:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
now there was a jukebox playin'
in the silver moon cafe'

Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:18:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
there's a blue moon in Kentucky
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  02:19:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
all the neon lights are.......
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  18:57:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I see them standing on the stone stoop in Ireland. Her apron is white. His hair is a dark crown of red-brown. The green farm behind them is stretched to the vanishing point. Great grace is his invention. The chambers of his heart pumping his redemptive art. Not, Love, he calls her, but, my Love. The page changes but the ink stains on their whorled finger tips remain the same.
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

104 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  19:07:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reverend B~
Peace and blessings.
Go to Top of Page

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3744 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  19:22:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Nightly Vigil...

Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence.

~ Longfellow
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  18:37:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He gave me a bisquit, which I put in my pocket, and not daring to eat it, buried it under a log, fearing he had put something in it to make me love him.

~from the narrative of Mary Rowlandson taken prisoner by the Wampanoag in 1676.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2006 :  19:11:31  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I wish the sunlight finds you
At your best and with good friends
On a road that never bends...

I wish the moonlight finds you
When it's too dark to see your trail
With the wind still in your sail...

The rainbows and the gold are always there
Sometimes they just don't catch our eye
The trials and the storms must come first
I guess I've always wondered why...

Full of hope and full of cheer
With someone you hold dear...

On the road that leads you home
When your heart ceases to roam...

The rainbows and the gold were always there
Sometimes they just didn't catch our eye
The trials and the storms must come first
They're what teach us to try...

I wish the sunlight finds you...

Hank Beukema -2006

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  13:14:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We're back from Ensenada with two trucks full of Mexican angels. For the neighborhood Christmas party at Moonlight beach tonight. Pierced tin and papier mache. A life-size group of three in glitter-sprayed chicken wire and bits of chipped mirror. A "tourist" angel made of decoupage postcards and matchbook covers with gold graduation tassels for hair. Off Revolution in Tijuana we found a family fashioned from twisted coat hangers and fanned peacock feathers for wings. "Anything to declare?" the Border Patrol guy asked Mirella. I was behind her at the Check-Point and my heart sank when he waved her over to Secondary. "What did you tell him?" I asked her. "You don't wanna mess with these passengers 'cause they got more authority than you!" she said. "Out of the truck," officer Jesus Escobeda said. So we got to sit with our novelty halos and sunglasses on on the concrete barricade cooling our heels for half an hour. Mirella shrugged, "do we look like smugglers?" she asked me. "Of course we do!" I said, and started on my litany of "what ifs". "Hahaha," Mirella said, "it's your paranoid nature to look too much into things."
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  13:20:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They are waiting for a break in the weather. He consults the Almanac every day. Trees move outside their window. Back-and-forth. To-and-fro. The sea's unanswered question at the edge of the shore where before they put the boat out on the water. The fine, small boat. Hand-made by the carpenter who was their final neighbor. She sets the table. Warms the white cups. Arranges the old, folded headlines where his eyes and elbows will follow. His shadow crosses the floor. His Sunday morning eyes. He places the pages before her. Half blank. Half filled with notes for the long, uninterrupted journey.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  20:45:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Cold on the Mountain. Cold on the beach.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  21:06:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...Let us go back...2000 years. From the middle east...one Tribe. From northern Europe, another. They meet in what is now known as British Isles. They bring with them their music. It is the story of their people. It is the song of their Heros. It is a gift from their God. They conquer other tribes as they move across the land, all the while adding to their "BAND" new and exciting instruments. NEW SONGS. At some point they become one peoople with a (somewhat) common language. They leave Europe at some disputed time in the past and come to these shores. Many years later it is discovered that the purest English spoken on the planet is spoken in the Appalachian Mountain range. Why?... Because of their isolation. What is their song? Where did it come from?

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  14:44:31  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Which Johnny Depp and The Polar Bear Look For Neverland

When Ralph [[the Hudson River Polar Bear]] first met Johnny Depp, I thought, at first, he might faint... We were sitting in the back yard of the old Helen Hayes house in Nyack, with the broad expanse of green leading all the way down to the river.... Johnny said he had loved this place since he first saw it when Rosie O'Donnell owned it.... Said it was twenty miles from New York City, yet he could almost believe he was in the south of France, if there was a nip of Jameson's in his coffee... Ralph couldn't stop looking at him... [[Rev, he talks to me like I'm real, like you do... ]] It's the magic, Ralphie, the magic, me boyo, that let's, um, no...... Allows some of us to grow older, but never to grow up...... quite.... That's how that little boy from 21 Jump Street could become the boy in Bennie and Joon and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.... How he became Duke in Fear and Loathing and the guy in Blow and The Ninth Gate and how he played Johnny Depp playing Keith Richard[[s]] playing Captain Jack Sparrow to the hilt in Pirates of the Caribbean..... And how that little boy never grew up to play J M Barrie in Finding Neverland... [[Soooo much magic, Rev, it makes me cry...]] Oh, you big Mr Softee, come here and lay down on the grass before you get me started; Johnny's okay, he's talking to Hank, he'll bore him to tears in moments....
It occurs to me at this time of year, that there is a peculiar selectivity in our society when it comes to suspending disbelief... As children we're encouraged, no, sometimes even forced to believe in that fat old man flying reindeer and slipping down chimneys and doing the whole world in one night. After awhile, most children and many adults, seem to come to believe in this character as a part of their lives, past, present, and future, and there is really nothing wrong with that.... However, when it comes to suspending their disbelief in order to picture the Prince of Heaven coming to our land to establish a Kingdom on Earth, being born of a woman, becoming flesh and blood and giving his life to save ours, well, there seems to be a big problem.... In part, Knucklehead, it's just simple boredom: Jingle Bells is more Fun than O Holy Night; the elves are more Fun than the Angels...... Well,think about it buddyboy... There is no more Pure Fun than to have a spirit that can be in all places at once, that is faster than a locomotive and more powerful than a speeding bullet, living with you day to day as your buddy and pal like you and me; a spirit that is there for you when the chips are down and the taxman is knockin at your door... Just try to remember that when you're out there at the mall, or watching the Alabama Christmas Special for the fifth time.... That it's all really about Suspending Disbelief and experiencing the wonderful surprise of joy that happens when that spirit slips down your chimney and rents a room in your heart............. [[So, then, it's like Peter Pan? Like when you saw it when you were a kid and you thought you could fly if you really believed and you broke your leg jumping off of that balcony?]] Yeah, Ralphie, that's it, just like Pan and TinkerBelle and Hook and Smee and that Croc-with-the-clock.... Sorry, babyboy, i got preachy there for a minute...... C'mon, let's go talk to Johnny, maybe some of that magic will have rubbed off on the Hankster.... [[C'mon, it's Hank, Rev.......He'd have to have rubbed him alot.... ]]

" Peter Llewelyn Davies: It's just, I thought she'd always be here.
J.M. Barrie: So did I. But in fact, she is, because she's on every page of your imagination. You'll always have her there. Always.
Peter Llewelyn Davies: But why did she have to die?
J.M. Barrie: I don't know, boy. When I think of your mother, I will always remember how happy she looked sitting there in the parlor watching a play about her family, about her boys that never grew up. She went to Neverland and you can visit her any time you like if you just go there yourself.
Peter Llewelyn Davies: How?
J.M. Barrie: By believing, Peter. Just believe....."
[From Finding Neverland]

"Faith is when you get to the end of all the light you can see and are about to step into darkness.... Faith is knowing that the next step will give you something solid to stand on.... or you will learn to fly...." [Paraphrase ]

Rev Buckman

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  20:11:41  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Melinda please forgive me
For running you away
I guess your face will haunt me
For the rest of my todays

Melinda don't forget me
Or the dreams that ran aground
It didn't take until you left
To know what I had found

Baby you are evrything
I've always wanted in a friend
It seems that I'm a drifter
There's nothing to defend
I hope that you'll remember
The good I made you feel
I hope that you'll forget
The mistakes that never heal

Melinda please forgive me
For running you away
I was just too full of myself
To get thru one last day

Melinda don't forget me
Or the dreams that ran aground
I'll spend a long long time
Regretting what I'd found

Baby you are evrything
I've always wanted in a friend
It seems that I'm a drifter
There's nothing to defend
I hope that you'll remember
The good I made you feel
I hope that you'll forget
The mistakes that never heal

Hank Beukema 2006

Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
504 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2006 :  01:34:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"the mistakes that never heal"

oh how I wish I had penned this line.

"in love is an expensive place to die"

John Laws penned this one.

"true love knows no comparisons"

thats my contribution.

AD

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 150  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000