Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 161 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Craig
Firefly

Kyrgyzstan
3790 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  20:51:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I sit vigilantly, for the next word, the next verse, the next prose. Whether it be from the banks of the Hudson, the West Coast or Grania, I sit...and patiently wait. It is not for the excitement, it is anticipating the unexpected...what will appear from the corners and the imagines of the mind? Patience only knows...

Craig
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2705 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  21:17:57  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Crossing the Finnish Line [for Iri]

I have marveled at her quiet strength and dignity
and the way she has suffered at the hands of men
Yet has not lost her love for men...
I have marveled at how she has met all
That she feared and in so doing has nothing left
To fear...
I have marveled at one that appears so empty and aching
Herself yet can find a wellspring to give others to drink...
I have marveled at how from a cold balcony
A world away she can appear to
Warm my cold room...
I have marveled that The Great One
Continues to remind me how
Wonderful women can be...

I have marveled at her quiet strength and dignity...

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

109 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  19:08:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You've heard the story before
Through centuries of banked fires
When conjurers in suits of mail
Gathered on the moor
And raised their hammered cups
In praise of Him
I do not forget
The camp lit with torchlight
The arcane tools
The sword
The salt-mist air
The wisdom of the Sage
Burnt edges around all his words
Go to Top of Page

booty
Sitter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  20:51:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp --
the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting away in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

"And why's everyone so quiet,
so somber? Give me a clue."
"Hush, child," said He, "they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you."

Judge NOT.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  21:24:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Booty, I love this. Do you believe we'll really be able to nudge Jesus?
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  21:43:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reminds me a song: Down There by the Train. written by Tom Waitts

excerpt:

"If you've lost all your hope, if you've lost all your faith
I know you can be cared for and I know you can be safe
And all the shamefuls and all of the whores
And even the soldier who pierced the side of the Lord Is down there by the train
Down there by the train

etc.etc. etc.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  22:10:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The shuttered dark comes down to surround them. The wicks are trimmed. The candles lit. It's midnight. Angels fold their frisson wings and sing.
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  22:16:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I need to get a dictionary for my desk.

Nighty night, Ro

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  20:59:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sweet dreams, Karen. Happy Cinco de Mayo to you and the Porch.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  18:36:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any place you come in is a good place. Even if the beach is fog-bound. Even if you don't know the land where you're touching the ground. The sacred trees leaning seaward. The trumpet vine supporting the cliffs. It's not drifting out that's dangerous. The tide will bring you back in. It's not knowing where the bottom is. Churning in the wave. Trying to get enough breath before you're caught in the next one. The board is attatched to your ankle with a leash. It floats. It can also hit you in the head. The trick is knowing when to kick free. An instinct your balance relies on. Today's surf was choppy. Breaking close to the shore. Paddle out. Snap up. Ride in quick. Or wipe out and eat some sand. We ate a lot of sand.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  18:40:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...above the treetops looking down. Can you see it?" he says in the Farmers Market off Rancho Santa Fe Road. He's talking about flying. Not sure it's a dream anymore. Her hands hover above the produce. A magic onion for this stew. "Hahaha," he'll say.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  18:42:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Love is all that matters. Ignorance with love is better than wisdom without it.

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2705 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  21:19:18  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He tried to find his way
Out of the darkness
He tried hard he really did
Drowning in an ocean of pity
He'd done evrything
To keep it hid

He's had enough of evrything
He's had enough of his fears
He's letting go and letting it out
He's thru drowning in his whiskey tears

The road was dark and
There were no signs
Just the headlights from his car
It didnt matter he knew the way
He didnt have to go very far

He stopped the car
Walked across the grass
He laid down on her grave
He talked for an hour
Til the sun came up
There was nothing left to save

He's thru drowning in his whiskey tears

He told her it was over this time
It was over and it was done
His back was right up against the wall
There was nowhere left to run

This morning is the last time
Its the last time is what he said
He stood up brushed himself off
Walked away and shook his head

He's thru drowning in his whiskey tears...

Hank Beukema - BarbSong Publishing 2006

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  19:56:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His time was brief, yet he let no grief assail him. Not in his nature. He so loved the Sunday outings. Breakfasts by the sea. Carnival kites rising from RVs staked out on the sand-blown Pacific Coast Highway. The Powers That Be were trying to kill squirrels in Encinitas. Because they wanted to build a 75 million dollar resort on top of the bluff. The squirrels were undermining the cliff. They said. The squirrels were well fed. Fat and furry. He called them by name when they ran to him. Standing on their hind legs in a circle. They held their paws like they were saying Grace. He spoke to them in their squeaky language. Fed them their Sunday usual. Crackers with cruncy peanut butter inside. Thj Lifeguards tossed Costco popcorn and Padre peanuts.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2705 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  19:24:48  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Horse's Moon

At twilight
We rode away from the setting sun
Directly into the rising full moon...
I could see the reflection of
My horse's face in it and
Glimpsed the shadow of sadness...
She had come to realize that
I could never love her completely...

It never affected her work...

Rev Buckman

[Hank Beukema - BarbSong Publishing 2006]
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  18:47:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He sits with his friends. Their feathers spread out on the curb. Determined to grow tomatoes. Heirlooms. He's got the plants. The special nutrient soil. The cone cages that will blossom into futuristic multi-colored-red cities. "We need a universal hand-signal for HELP! here," she says. He agrees. May days late sunsets. In the wings the cast of characters assemble. The curtain rises. The moon behind them blooms. Now he's falling asleep in slow-motion. Dreams distilling to something pure. "...story I wanna tell you..." he whispers in the dark.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  21:51:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His moon-bright window. His hand at her throat. They talk in their sleep after midnight. A tapestry unweaving through silhouette trees. The same dream for centuries. The brass box. The tall ship engraved on the lid. The scrolled map inside where she breathes beside him in the dark.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2705 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  18:03:23  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could we have some applause, please? Oh My God.....Ailinn, I have never enjoyed a writer as much as you.... HANK/RALPH/REV

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2705 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  18:07:05  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is anybody keepin track of this?? I know that I have nobody left, but I would hope that Ro...um, Ailinn, would have somebody writing this stuff down..... Otherwise , this is is it folks. read it and then move on.....H

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1850 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  16:22:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Hank, Since our first waltz you have been most kind. Thank you. This is simply a promise kept. And you're part of it. And all who rock on this Porch. As always, it is a privilege to be here. Love and blessings to The Wizard.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 161  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000