Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 161 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

booty
Sitter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  21:10:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Karen...Meeks and I are about as closely related as these flowers.

TRILOGY OF A WILDFLOWEER

Wild matures a cowslip
On the brink of a dashing stream
Madding though in season bloom
So lovely, the golden primrose
And of a simple nature
Bent by a primal wind
From springtime to soon fall
Lain in deep seas of lasting memories
A million fireflies steal
Lighting a perennial work of art
Quietly adorned
Painted by an incorrigible youth
With such a joyful color
Flickering in time

As the silent evening grows.

Booty
Go to Top of Page

booty
Sitter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  21:33:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quiet common

down next to twilight approaching night
the rays of day are cut short exposing
no scathed edges.
in this departure and arrival I hear sounds
of inflected words sensing the tone, maybe
the principle of genius for the first time
or maybe the last,
such as a nocturnal bird appearing from
its arbor moving ingeniously by its perspective;
as are my cheerful neighbors so positively aligned.
from the darkness sparking stars light up
the sky enabling me to see more clear how
close I am to the natural distance; where
night and day peacefully resolve
from that higher level,
yet it aliens itself from me still
that I am contrived by that unknown-
interning my mind
to wonder -- abstracting a perfect means,
of which I have no idea
of that which I am instinctually drawn.

Booty
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  22:24:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...so close your sleepy eyes and dream..."

~Mickey Newbury~
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  19:57:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We are sleeping on the desert. Halfway between San Lupe and the Valle de San Inez. It takes a long time to get here on horseback. There is no other way. He rides well and can talk to a horse with his knees. The trail is trouble. Does not love the traveler. Sun scorches the earth. And the land falls away. Falls away. So, hurry! Make the campfire fast! One minute the horizon is in flames. Then the sun sets. The worm dreams in the bottle they pass on hand-to-hand. The Federales smoke seriously. Moonlight does not please them. Their horses are restless. Shivering with equine fear.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  14:54:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We're making Paella for Ralph and Catherine's one year Anniversary. A traditional dish with chicken and chorizo, shrimps and clams and mussels, saffron and fat lemon wedges. Cooked outside in huge cast iron pans. January 22nd is their day, but they'll be away cruising Mazatlan and Acapulco, so the party is tonight. A sunset affair. Mirella's fixing Fruta del Fuego with her secret Mayan Mystery Sauce. Cilantro, jalapenos, hot chili oil, and a firey mango marmalade she brushes on the fruit just before grilling. I know the ingredients, but I don't know the exact amounts. Critical for perfect results. Lupe read about a new market that sells ice sculptures for her Sangria centerpiece and Stu is there now. "Your choices are...dolphins, sailboat, cupid with wings, or two lop-sided hearts entwined," he tells her on the phone. "The hearts and cupid say Be My Valentine, but they'll saw that off for free." Stu is for dolphins. Lupe says, "Hearts." We need 20 inches of cubic space in the freezer, so it's chaos in the kitchen either way. We've got our blow torches ready for the Caramel Flan, Ralph and Catherine's favorite. "Get the Fire Department on speed-dial. Light the lanterns and crank up the patio hearters. Sure, we're weather wimps," Mirella says, "but our blood IS thin as WATER!" It's a cold 60 degrees in San Diego. Hooray for 24 minutes of sunlight. Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Ralph Gardner!
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5432 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  10:41:59  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I ask Rahsaan for the word of the day.

"Attachment," he says, eyebrows light.

"It is centrifugal to soul. In its sway, twin sentries
of belief and judgment, triggers of separation."

His eyes wide, I wait, knowing there is more.

"The brightest threads are taken from the basic cloth,
where they most belong. Rainbows call the police every day
to report a missing colour."

Rahsaan's wife has asked him to plan a trip with her,
claiming he is attached to his garden. So this is how
attachment came to be the word, I say.

"Where to go?," he winks. "Heaven is here."

visit http://www.betterdaysradio.blogspot.com

Edited by - Doug L on 01/18/2006 10:43:13
Go to Top of Page

Bob C
Swinger

USA
1147 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  14:03:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It is here...!!!
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5432 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  16:20:42  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
All who seek you
rest you.
And those who find you
bind you to image and gesture.

I would rather sense you
as the earth senses you.
In my ripening
ripens
what you are.

I need from you no tricks
to prove you exist.
Time, I know,
is other than you.

No miracles, please.
Just let your laws
become clearer
from generation to generation.

-Rainer Maria Rilke,
Book of Hours

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  19:30:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...blues-moanin' wind through the eaves, Baby.
A ghost singin' in the trees...
Go to Top of Page

booty
Sitter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  22:25:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To penetrate more deeply
One finds there is no difference
Between stupidity and wisdom...

In our differences we are unique.

Booty
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1382 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  22:29:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Like the reference in the dictionary. There is only one word that should always appear in quotation marks " " ...

That is the word ... "Normal".

The Future's Not ...
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  18:57:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When famine and tarnished skies came to Durrow, the sun clouded over and the rain did rain. There in the sanctuary of his deep dream she stayed. One long night. Ten thousand days. The moon climbed up over the moor's heathered edge. Opalescent slice of mother-of-pearl. Plucky, and luck-bound she awoke, still wearing the ruby earrings and the long-fringed shawl. From above the clouds he commanded, "Fly now!" The black and blue sky filled with wings.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5432 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  00:21:30  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
MY MOSES

Time to praise the other Moses, the one who concludes
That the bush isn't really burning, as he first supposed,
Just backlit in red by the setting sun.
Magnified by the need of a runaway to be pardoned,
To pull his shoes off and receive a vision.
The Moses who, when he lifts his staff,
Can't part the waters, who has to wade in
At low tide and hope for the best.
Nobody drowns. Nobody's following. The twelve tribes,
Sluggish after a hard day in the quarries,
Didn't find his lecture on the virtues inspiring.
And Pharoah was willing to see him go.
Good riddance, what with his praise of creation
That gouged the work month with holidays.
Now he's wringing his clothes out on the other side,
Relieved it hasn't taken him any longer to realize
He isn't much of a prophet, that he hasn't the gift.
Free now of the journey to the Promised Land
And the wars with the natives, he can settle down at once
Whenever he pleases, and be happy even here
In the country that disappointed Columbus.
That wasn't the hoped-for shortcut to spices.
Happy even on this block of mine, my neighbor,
A civics teacher at the high school,
Who leaves the gate to his yard unlocked
So the neighborhood children can pick the berries
Before the first frost comes and leaf smoke rises
From small, mute fires he's lit himself.

Carl Dennis

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  19:14:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ABSENCE

I have scarcely left you
when you go in me, crystalline,
or trembling,
or uneasy, wounded by me
or overwhelmed with love, as when your eyes
close upon the gift of life
that without cease I give you.

My love,
we have found each other
thirsty and we have
drunk up all the water and the blood,
we found each other
hungry
and we bit each other
as fire bites,
leaving wounds in us.

But wait for me,
keep for me your sweetness.
I will give you too
a rose.

~Pablo Neruda~

Edited by - Ailinn on 01/26/2006 19:36:21
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  19:31:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
She scrubbed with lye soap up and down the old washboard. The thatched cottage was damp. The water was cold. Out of that coldness did grow a radiant lust for fire. "Love, come to Durrow. Come to Durrow," he said. "Warm on the other side of the sea. Sure, the country 'tis grand. And the sky overhead believes it's God's own blue road to Heaven," he said. Then he showed her where the boat was hidden. Ahh. Now, I can't say she wasn't a bit curious. And don't think she didn't dream. But she was afraid of the ocean's sharp teeth. The wind's fast, magician hands.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  17:43:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The sun's abundant light flares on the pane. His fine, fantastic mind dances. "That's the plan, baby. 'Cause the pictures jus' too big to see. Pixels. Remember that!" he says. Her hijacked heart in his black leather satchel. Her counterfeit pen marking ten thousand dreams. Already Out Bail Bonds on speed dial. Last seen in the rear-view mirror. The moon lay down spread-eagle on the ground.
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  18:33:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ailinn

Intermission. I can hear them shouting on the hill. Merciful. Not killing. Human hair and Kitty Litter. Showing up in garbage bags by our blue front door. To foil the gophers. "Cute little things," I mistakenly say. "Never should have let you see them," Stu says. "War is war."

NO NO NO NO......try another flavor of gum.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
506 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  01:34:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
you're in my blood
like holy wine

you taste so bitter
and so sweet

oh I could drink
a case of you,darlin'
and I would still
be on my
feet

I would still
be on my feet

..Joni Mitchell.

Maybe,the sun won't shine
maybe,the stars won't mind
for every dream
I dream is sure to not
come true

cause baby, I never did love you....

..Mickey Newbury

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  20:27:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Always coming back to Frankincenseco's lean trees. Slim green framing their hidden lane. Tall house on a hill. Steep stone stairs. Gargoyles guarding the windows where his breath leaves little pillows of frost on the pane. Blue moon in the attic. Contagious stars spreading under the eaves. Dangerous nights when he speaks to her rearranging her name.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1841 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  20:31:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Fortune Teller lights one white candle. Shuffles the over-size deck of cards borrowed from The Last Magician. "Tis little things that matter," he says, releasing two snow-white doves from his black satin sleeves. Making silver dollars appear and disappear in mid-air. Down the sand-blown road the coast curves to gilded water. His dark sails mystery when he slips through the fog. Salt settling in his heavy hair.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 161  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000