Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 152 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:24:05  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Booty, please continue to join us here.... I love your writing and look forward to seeing it here in this special little room.... Hank

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  20:10:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Durrow's font she writes the tale. Dragons and mythical birds appear. Bright-eyed and long-taloned. He lifts the lid on the chest with its ancient, Celtic symbols. The dust of past centuries holds them in thrall. See how the Angels tremble when he hands her the bow and the quiver. His tempered sword and burnished suit of mail.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  20:54:59  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Martina asked me if you could hear the sound of
One heart breaking
If there was no one there to care...
I said that the movement of the air from
One hand clapping could cause a
Hurricane on the other side of
The Earth....
She said
What little mind you had left
When I first met you
Has gone totally mad...

I said, Yes, I've noticed,
But it's the only charming quality
I still have...

Rev Buckman

Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1359 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  21:24:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ailinn,

What dost thoy sayest 'bout that grand bird/beast, the "Gryfin". Beyond Celtic, but perchance Aryan. She sits diligently in my library, my truest hearth-treasure.

Hank,

You gotta come visit me in South Dakota. I mean, hey, the last time I was in New York, I was ticketed for double parking --- and that was just outside the Polish Consulate!!!

Joey L.

The Future's Not ...
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  22:46:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
She may be your Muse. More salt than sugar. Shorebirds remember. Aye, Joey. When the Druids chant and throw their hammered cups to sea. When the sea is stretched tight to the sky. "...sure, you traveled this road before," he says. He looks both ways here. A bad intersection. "More accidents than anyplace else," he says. "No kidding," she says, surprised.
Go to Top of Page

Joey L.
Swinger

USA
1359 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  22:53:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ailinn,

DAMNED if you didn't hit my nailhead straight on.

When I have enough to spare, I'd like to share some with you.

Joey

The Future's Not ...
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
506 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  02:33:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Philippians 2:7&8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Lord,

..help me to be a servant..

AD
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  20:16:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We have lost even this twilight.
No one saw us this evening hand in hand
while the blue night dropped on the world.

I have seen from my window
the fiesta of sunset in the distant mountain tops.

Sometimes a piece of sun
burned like a coin between my hands.

I remembered you with my soul clenched
in that sadness on mine that you know.

Where were you then?
Who else was there?
Saying, what?
Why will the whole of love come on me suddenly
when I am sad and feel you are far away?

~Pablo Neruda
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2701 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  15:56:32  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ALONE
I never thought Michiko would come back
after she died. But if she did, I knew
it would be as a lady in a long white dress.
It is strange that she has returned
as somebody's dalmation. I meet
the man walking her on a leash
almost every week. He says good morning
and I stoop down to calm her. He said
once that she was never like that with
other people. Sometimes she is tethered
on the lawn when I go by. If nobody
is around, I sit on the grass. When she
finally quiets, she puts her head in my lap
and we watch each other's eyes as I whisper
in her soft ears. She cares nothing about
the mystery. She likes it best when
I touch her head and tell her small
things about my days and our friends.
That makes her happy the way it always did.

-Jack Gilbert

Go to Top of Page

booty
Sitter

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  01:34:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've stood beside the road
And saw both ways
I've seen the good and bad
and near sighted displays

Though I became battered
With withered limbs and old
Be it there I'm indebted
This old walnut to lay hold

The coming and going in life
Is a place either can be seen
To bear the trappings of strife
Along side there bent between

A tree grows from a seed
While the seed is of the tree
And neither knows the need
In their passing it to be

I have seen one happy come
And the other sadly go
While in time with wisdom
They will singularly grow.

Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  11:17:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is beautiful, Booty.

(just talked to Meeks, he said you guys can go own and own by phone, like you knew each other or something)

Merry Christmas, Booty

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  14:39:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The biggest Department Store in town. A block long on Main Street. Six windows of Christmas time magic. A moonlit village with steepled Churches. Smoke rising from red brick chimneys in plump donut rings. Halos around everything. A Hans Brinker skating pond edged with sleds. Santa's workshop. Reindeers and Lionel locomotives. Elves in buckled boots and tiny leather aprons. Mouths full of shiny nails. Mrs. Claus's Olde Time Bakery Shoppe. Gingerbread men running out of the ovens under clouds of spun sugar steam. Candy cane smocks and striped stockings. Pointy-toed red slippers and holly hats with bells. A big calendar hanging crooked to mark the last day. "Twas the night before..." it says. Kids with their noses pressed up against the glass sucking their hair into icicles. And...just over there...by the streetlamp... Under snowflakes gently falling... POe.
Go to Top of Page

Karen Runk
Firefly

USA
4925 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  14:50:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send Karen Runk an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Merry Christmas to you, Ro.

Karen Runk
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  18:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Off Mulholland one week past the Winter Solstice. Seven more minutes of lavish light. She knew he was out there in the approachable dark. At the edge of the smoke and the filigreed eucalyptus. That he stood his ground under those bowed-down trees with the calm coyotes and listening ravens. That his eye never wavered. That he prayed his own prayer.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5424 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  01:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
THE NEW RULE

It is the old rule that drunks have to argue
and get into fights.
The lover is just as bad. He falls into a hole.
But down in that hole he find something shining,
worth more than money or power.

Last night the moon came dropping its clothes
in the street. I took it as a sign to start singing,
falling up into the bowl of the sky.
The bowl breaks. Everywhere is falling everywhere.
Nothing else to do.

Here's the new rule: Break the wineglass,
fall toward the glassblower's breath.

RUMI

visit http://www.betterdaysradio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  17:37:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back from Ensenada with Lupe and Mirella and our families. Grapes and gray whales. Shrimp tacos and Hussong's Cantina. A half hour further down the coast, La Bufadora's high water show. We bought serapes and mosaic tile trivets. And a scrolled, wrought-iron black bell. Stu nailed it up on the patio to call the kids home. Tonight we all take inventory of the sky. Make the Epiphany cake to celebrate the visit of the Three Kings tomorrow. A ring crown called Pan de los Tres Reyes with three lit candles and a tiny Baby Jesus hidden inside. (A whole almond baked in the sweet bread.) The finder of The Babe treats for Dia de la Candelaria. Happy Epiphany, and a most Happy New Year to The Porch!

Love and blessings to The Wizard.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  17:39:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...what you say, I hold onto. Still years away from learning, but listening with my heart...
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  21:44:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The APL Panama still sits off Ensenada. 880 feet long. Containers stacked 7 high. Waiting for the bimonthly rising tide. January 14th. Around there. Meanwhile... Jose Luis Gonzalez. His handy camera and portable printer ready. Provides family souvineers. Color photographs. The grounded Panama in the background. The date stamped in gold. A steal at 30 pesos.
Go to Top of Page

Doug L
Firefly

Canada
5424 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  23:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Doug L's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We were walking down Laugavegur in the slanted sun, its
light laughing in the red of her hair. Going to a concert
by an activist out on bail, we were early and stopped into
one of those ubiquitous Reykjavik bookstores. Murakami's
South Of The Border, West Of The Sun leaped into her hand.
I bought it for her. After the sad concert, we stopped into a
place called Puccini's for a five-dollar coffee, there met a
guy from Los Angeles who had found his holy ground here,
in 101's maze of delights. Later yet, sipping cocoa together
in bed, by the light of the midnight sun she read to me, in
English, the first ten pages of Murakami's book.

visit http://www.betterdaysradio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1639 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  18:36:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Storm-driven and demon-tossed. They cross the high seas and land on new ground. "See how each leaf on the tree dreams a different green dream..." he says. He has smoke under his eyelids. Sparks under his finger nails. He paces back and forth. Unable to stand still. The leather pouch of knuckle bones raps against her ribs. Angels arrive. The spinning stars spin.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 152 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000