Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 161 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  15:52:07  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[Sing it aloud to a Newbury Waltz time with fiddles and flutes]

Play me a melody
Deep from your heart
Play your fiddle Rosie
We're hungry and dyin
An' sorely in pain
We need a dance from you Josie

We was always a family
That helped themself
But the waters came in too fast
So play us a song
Give us a dance
Don't know how long we can last...

Rev B

http://www.mytown.ca/outsiders/beukema/

Edited by - buckman on 09/06/2005 16:48:47
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  19:27:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His ruby at the top of the mast.
His sapphire and diamond highway.
Hummingbirds in an irridescent crown
around his forehead.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  20:42:24  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"My last thought as the water came
to take me was of Him..."

How I had believed for 50 yrs
That His love would save me...

I am a good man....

I have been a good man>..

They tell me that's not enough..

Then,.....

You try to live thru
What I've lived thru and
Tell me it's not enough....

Give me a God that Knows me....

Rev Buckman

Edited by - buckman on 09/03/2005 11:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  19:50:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We sold out of everything. Ralph's Christmas shawl off my shoulders with his nodding approval. Mirella's sombrero-shaped cut-sterling earrings. Still counting when we left to walk home. Sending money because they've no place for stuff. Under the strobe-lit sun's waning display this was a day to reach across the sky, or through it. To grasp His reaching hand's hallowed intensity. We're a gang having hamburgers for supper, then sleeping the sleep. Bless us all under His ornamental stars.
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
506 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  03:37:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
.......i was invited to preach the Word of God to our two congregations last month.

i preached the whole of Psalm 74.

a desperate cry for help.
"Why O God, have you abandoned your people" the psalmist cries out.

"Why have you abandoned the sheep of your pasture"
"Why have you cast us off from yourself"

the temple of God had been completely obliterated by God's enemies and the nation of Israel had been taken into exile.

"how long will we be in exile" the psalmist implores God.

"please return and deal with your enemies,for the sake of your glorious name" the psalmist cries.

a desperate cry for help.

do you feel as if God has abandoned you, my friend?

"Eli Eli lama sabachthani" Our Lord cries out upon the cross.
which means "My God My God, why have you forsaken me?"

He took your sin and my sin, He took your pain and my pain, He took the punishment meant for you and me, He died in our place, He was judged guilty so that we could be set free.

He came back from the dead>>>>>>>>>> and so have I, my friend

I am alive In Christ and will never die.

Hebrews 13:5 I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.

I will always believe in His promises.

AD

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  16:45:03  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, AD..... Hank
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  16:47:05  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The delicate scent of her
Remained in my mind long after
She left me...
Tonight I whispered her name
To the moon and
She winked at me...
Oh, Barbie, thank you,
I thought you had forgotten me...

Spankie
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  20:02:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
September's empty beach. Two figures from a Dali painting. Dripping seaweed. Their shadows each 40 feet tall. They lay down together. Close to the ocean. Sandpipers on stilts skating by in the shallows. Seagulls and thumb-size dragons. Puffing lizards for company. Trumpet vine spilling over sandstone cliffs. Sunset. A flame spreading red on the water. Four counties long. Mexico to Malibu.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  21:34:50  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The caves near the Little Sur River were home... The Oakland Angels brought me food sometimes and wine that was laced with everything Leary had ever dreamt of... They taught me how to hang over the water from the rocks and pry off the abalone that we could cook and then sell the shells in Carmel for ashtrays.... The cold wind that came from Japan made me call the collies to sleep with me... I learned that the bikers called a really cold night a three dog night...

Rev Buckman

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  23:03:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now the bikers all sleep in Julian. And they don't wait 'til weekends for Miller time. And the streets are so steep they have stairs built into the sidewalks.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  04:50:48  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Elvin Preacher was the group's chaplain...
One bright night I swear I saw him on his knees,
silhouetted in the light,
howling at the moon...
I did a little howling myself that night,
after I jumped off a little crag and landed
in some driftwood...
It wasn't as soft as the beach i had planned
to land on and I cut my foot pretty bad...
I sort of remember being in the rain in Salinas
looking for medical help but I never got it...
Homeless gypsies were no more popular in 1970
than any other time in history...
I spent that night on a park bench in front of a Sambo's...
Elvin, if you're still on the planet,
thanks for the prayers...

Rev Buckman

Edited by - buckman on 09/07/2005 04:57:57
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  19:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The melancholy colors of September. Gold on the windows before the sun sets. Did you know butterflies need to warm up their wings before flying? And starfish are blind?
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  20:02:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His transparent arrival. When he speaks to her he changes her name. Every night. Every morning. She forgets who she is. She is his. The names he gives her. "Be careful who you tell your secrets to," he says.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  21:47:44  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
They've told me that this will be our last night together in this life... They are taking you away from me tomorrow... I want to tell you how much know ing you and loving you and learning from you has meant to me... I want to tell you how sorry I am for all the things that i promised that never happened... I want to tell you how sorry I am for the times when i was drunk or mean to you... I want to thank you for introducing me to Mickey on the phone that time... I want mostly to tell you that you are the most beautiful woman that I have or will ever know and that I am so so proud to have been your man your lover your friend.... Goodnight, Barbie

Hank

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  22:19:54  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I came to you for help
And you spoke of mercy
I came to you for life
And you spoke of hope
I came to you for food
And you spoke of plenty...

When will you stop speaking
And start doing....?

Molly
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  22:25:44  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I love when you look me in the eye and say you love me....
I love when you tell me that Kris has nothin on me...
I love when you sing all of the verses to
Amazing Grace and then can still
forget to take your pills...
I love to hear you laugh...
I so love being alive and
Living with you...

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  22:42:51  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the heart of the night
In the cool southern rain
There's a full moon in sight
Shining down on the Pontchartrain

And the river she rises
Like she used to do
She's so full of surprises
She reminds me of you
In the heart of the night

There's a nightbird singing
Right on through till the dawn
And the streets are still ringing
With people carrying on

It's been so long waiting
Just to be here again
Anticipating
All the time I could spend
In the heart of the night down in New Orleans
In the heart of the night down in New Orleans

And I trust in your love never falling down
And I trust in your love
Just like I do in this town never falling down

And I'm so glad to be back in New Orleans
Please don't wake me, don't shake me,
If this is only just a dream
It's the only place I can face that feels so right
Below that Dixie moon and loving you
In the Heart of the Night

Poco
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  19:45:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sometimes a sorrow we cannot conquer. The sky comes apart. Rain behind our eyes. Even though the sun is shining. That's when we put our palms together and pray.
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Swinger

Australia
506 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  04:53:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Amen........

My wife ain't talkin' to me at the moment........not since I went out and got myself a tattoo. I talked to her about it,before I went and got it done of course. a man ain't completely 'stoopid'.

well to tell you the truth,it was my second tattoo. I got the first one,twelve months ago, so it wasn't like a complete surprise for the little lady. we are comin' up to 29 years married this December, so I hope she kinda knows me a little by now.

" A tattoo" she said
"how old are you" she said

I said, "old enough to know better"

she just gave me one of those looks
she turned to walk away. I said "I've ordered the Harley Davidson and it will be delivered here next week"

well that went over like the proverbial lead balloon.

oh yeah the tattoo......it reads 'Mickey Newbury-Heaven Help the Child' on the inside of my left arm.

Am I the only guy that has Mickey tattooed on his arm........or am i the first one to start something.

AD
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1833 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  17:46:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unreliable twilight. Fate in the tamarisk grove. His eyes closed. Closed always. Perhaps praying. Where fate waits. "How much longer?" he says. When he talked about writing. "Imagination. Memory and dreams. Nothing stronger, Ro. Shadows and nostalgia. A melancholy edge to this gift." The core of him so narrowly private. Emotion and pathos so pure. He's universal. A true parallax view.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 161  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000