New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 147 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  18:53:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So surprised to see this worked!
If I read Doug's instructions enough
I may even learn how to edit.

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  19:51:57  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
DO YOU FOLKS REALISE WHAT A TREASURE WE HAVE HERE? Ommagawd, This is such a pleasure to read every day......... How lucky are we to have this lady in our midst?????? Do you even know it? OK, yeah, I'm drunk...,so what..... wanna make somethin of it??????? Come on.... I'm waitin for ya/////////////////////// Rev Buckman
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  19:58:16  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now Hank (& Ralph, & The Rev) dontcha all make me come over there, ya hear....you don't want none of this....

and that's the truth...PFFFFFFFFT!

andrew

REMEMBER: proofread carefully to see if you any words out
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2005 :  20:11:06  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The good and the bad thing, both, about the f***** Rev is that he has a very short memory, among other things that are very short, but we have already discussed that and will not go there again.... I myself don't understand last night; he knows that drinking interrupts his dieting which is going well, but, from what Ralph tells me, he was upset about some package from Florida that didn't come Fedex and, well, it was Friday and he does need some medication, like Mike Tysons wife told Barbara Walters..... that;s about all I got from him..... Rev has just had Ralph drive him to the likker store and they waited outside til it opened like desperadoes waitin for a train..... I wish I coulda seen it..... Rev limps in, lookin like Kenny Rogers in that last Gambler movie, what was it IV or V or something? with the stupid cane, and he actually gets B&B AND Jamesons...... So, what I'm tellin you is this...... Turn off your phones, turn off your computers; turn off anything that might let that old goat in cause he's gonna be a real load to handle today.......... it's not going to be a pretty story in Pomona today..... Thanks for your support, Hank Beukema

http://members.tripod.com/buckmaniac/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  09:27:36  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[with all due respect to Ralph]

some days you eat the bear...
some days the bear eats you...
and some days, the bear don't EVEN come outta the woods...

andrew

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  20:11:53  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Drinking the whiskey last weekend and eating little has left me open to a nice flu virus..... I missed work Monday, which is Always a bad thing, went today and then asked for and was granted three vacation days , which do not count towards my sick time, and so are not begrudged or held against me, to heal up a little.... I apologise for MY addition of some things that seemed funny at the time, but were just stupid, whiskey talkin junk.... I treasure this site and especially this lovely page right here to sully it up with nonsense.... Oh, nonsense is ok, when it's about polar bears and preachers, but some of the other stuff was just drunk ravings and the world has already had one Bukowski.... We don't need another one.... Hank
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  21:11:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
..once the world was here and easy. Clear and close to hand. Her earrings whispered. Her skirts swept her ankles when they traveled through the snow globe bazaar. Confetti drifting down from the palm trees. Stars falling upside-down. Through balconied minerets the jewel-throated hummingbirds flew. And flew. An acappella chorus in the courtyard. High voices. Berry-size bells...
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  00:37:42  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are windchimes hanging in back of the house next door, that I never ever heard until barb died.... I swear to god.... They soothe me now.... Hank
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  00:40:14  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
From "To Ireland in the Coming Times" by William Butler Yeats.

"While still I may, I write for you
The love I lived, the dream I knew.
From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye;
And we, our singing and our love,
What measurer Time has lit above,
And all benighted things that go
About my table to and fro,
Are passing on to where may be,
In truth's consuming ecstasy,
No place for love and dream at all;
For God goes by with white footfall.
I cast my heart into my rhymes,
That you, in the dim coming times,
May know how my heart went with them
After the red-rose-bordered hem."

For Ailinn and San Diego- Hank

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  20:41:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Sir Hank. I hope life is being kind to you. Keep your eyes in the sky, okay.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  21:04:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, now... I see you're in the fig preserves again. You jus' make sure you lick them sticky fingers 'fore you climb back into bed. Sweet dreams.
Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Rocker

Australia
479 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  06:01:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"true love knows no comparisons".....AD

Go to Top of Page

aussiedave
Rocker

Australia
479 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  06:04:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send aussiedave a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
'goodnight sweet prince'........goodnight.
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  08:18:02  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He took thier senior prom picture from his wallet, as he sat down on the park bench to wait for her.

It had been almost 40 years since he had seen her. Would he recognize her? Would she recognize HIM?
Would she just get back in the taxi, and ride off into the sunset, out of his life again...forever.

They had been "going steady" for almost 2 years when her Dad suddenly took a new job in a different state...one morining...she was gone.

But last night, he had received a late night phone call...
"Hello...is this really you?" she asked...
tears began to run down his face...
and those old familiar forgotten feelings came rushing back over him, like a warm summer rain-shower...

They talked for awhile, and he found out that she had been married for 34 years, and her husband had passed away 4 years ago.
He had had lost his wife 13 months ago.
she asked if they could meet tomorrow...in the park where they used to go.

On the drive to the park, he stopped at a florist shop, and bought her a single red rose.

So, here he was, waiting nervously for her, hoping she would not stand him up.
He waited for an hour, then decided it was time to put her memory back away, and go home.
As he was walking thru the park, towards his car...a Taxi pulled up at the park entrance...

and there she was.

A little older, her hair was gray, but she was still the beautiful girl he remembered from 40 years ago.
They both just stood and looked, not even speaking...barely breathing...
and then she broke the silence: "I was traveling thru, and I took a chance and looked in the phone book to find your number...I hope you don't mind."
and he felt as if 40 years had been lifted from his shoulders...
He took her hand in his, and led her to a park bench, where they sat and talked quietly for what seemed hours.
Then suddenly, she said, "I really need to go", as she stood up to leave.
He replied, "Please wait! Before you go, there is something I need to show you,"
as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket.
He handed her the faded, cracked, prom photo that he had carried in his wallet all these years.

She started to cry.
He pulled her into his arms, and they both cried.
Finally, she broke away from his embrace, and turned to leave...
she spun on her heels, returned to him, leaned up and kissed him on the cheek...then she walked away.

and he remembered what it was, as well as what it might have been.

as he slowly walked back to his car, he realized he was still holding the single red rose.
he walked over to a trash can, and tossed the rose in.

"True love has no end...only a beginning." he said outloud.

Smiling, as he carefully tucked the picture back into his wallet.

andrew

Edited by - andrew p on 02/03/2005 11:38:47
Go to Top of Page

ColoradoKidd
Swinger

USA
880 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  11:24:58  Show Profile  Visit ColoradoKidd's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
WOW...Care to shed some like on this. Is this a real story?

Kurt R. Milliken
ColoradoKidd
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  11:37:20  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
a REAL story?

a few years ago I made a woodburning on a old board for Pam that says:
"true love has no end...only a beginning"

seeing that just made me think of how the story ends....

so no, not really an accurate truth...just imaginary truth.
but it could happen & probably has.

thanks for asking.

andrew

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  16:24:27  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Excellente, Monsieur Polka..... Rev

http://members.tripod.com/buckmaniac/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  17:25:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Andrew, I love your story.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1513 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  17:45:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We always had a lot of kids in our house. Ours and other folks. They'd appear and sometimes not leave for years. Three Johns once. #1, our son Jonathan who smeared himself with peanut butter one summer and walked around wearing squirrels. It took him all summer vacation to get them to ride on his shoulders and eat out of his hands. Stu and I called him Saint Francis behind his back. John #2 was the son of a Polish emigre'. His father Andre was a chemist. In the US he made cosmetics for Max Factor in Los Angeles. Andre believed life had become ridiculous and was addicted to bread. He'd burst through our front door at odd hours of the night to ransack the cupboards. John #3 was a kid from Ireland who changed his name from Sean to John. Then changed it back when he found cool American Seans here. Stu and I were always trying to get these kids fed and to bed. Stuffed, actually. So they'd go to sleep quickly and we'd have time to ourselves. Every night was the same. Many plates on the table. Kids telling us their stories to catch us in their nets. "What do you think?..." Stu would say to me, "another hour?..." Then we'd go in our room and put the stereo on and life would begin again.
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  20:43:59  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
H & A...
thanks for the kind words...I am flattered...this coming from amazing storytellers/writers, like you two...

andrew

Edited by - andrew p on 02/03/2005 20:46:06
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 147  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000