New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 161 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Becka
Sitter

95 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  20:22:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mr Buckman....

This river runs both ways to taunt me
I love her and hate her most days
Like me she's wild and wandering
Most mornings shrouded in haze.

The word "shroud" reminds me of death but death is absent from these lines. This piece is full of life. Excellent writing!!

You've done it again!
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

108 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  16:45:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Reverend B-

"I sit in the back of the Cafe, in the dark, where no one can see me...I see it all, I hear it all..."

Your first post on the old Blue Board back in the grace of POe days.

Lets dance.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1830 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  16:48:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Front page Los Angeles Times:

Tolls on the FREEway. $1.40 per mile for the HOT lanes on Interstate 10.

"Out on that long stretch..."
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1830 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  17:11:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Big Mama's hanging out by the No Loitering sign by the grease pits at Vandal's Garage. Working her homeless repertoire on a couple of conventioneers. Down the block Mister Menace is hawking salvation on the corner of Fairfax and 3rd. The Celtic cross inked on his forehead makes him look like a medieval bard. He's soon knighted at The Grove where the AD's with clipboards are jammin' on caffeine. At the dumpsters they're diving for cans. Kids off to Resurrection Recycling third time before noon. It's a great day at the Farmer's Market. The sun is complicit and the tourists are thirsty and the gangs are agreeing back of DuPar's. A Music Express Limo rolls by with the celebrity of the hour. Air kiss, air kiss, air kiss. "We'll do lunch, baby. Ciao. Don't change!"

Citrus skies at the ocean end of town. Sea-worked glass. Mostly green. "...this picture..." he says, "...won't come out. It's only for our real eyes." A late walk beside cliff-hanging blossoms. The mute fortune teller talks to The Sailor in Sign. The stars up for hours, a lemon breeze in the chimes. The moon's slanted silver. Coming down.
Go to Top of Page

rodeo
Swinger

USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  12:43:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Grania

Dear Reverend B-

"I sit in the back of the Cafe, in the dark, where no one can see me...I see it all, I hear it all..."

Your first post on the old Blue Board back in the grace of POe days.

Lets dance.

...they care not a
bit about Eternity, but only for today...
But, that is Just Alright
with me and the Lord

If everybody went to heaven they'd run out of room.... Rev Buckman

:-)
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

108 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  16:49:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  03:07:58  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

rodeo
Swinger

USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  08:20:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What came between,
"I sit in the dark in the back of the saloon..."
and
"If everybody went to heaven they'd run out of room.... "???

[quote]Originally posted by buckman

I sit in the dark in the back of the saloon...
What is between my table and the dusty
street is twenty feet that is
on the very edge of Hell...
The townspeople say they are sinners: the townspeople say they are evil...
The reality is that they are just Cowboys and
they are very much alive and much of the
rest of this town has already died... I talk to
the Lord and I Know what is Evil
and what is not,
which is why I hold services here and
not in a church....
These men make a decision
every time they put the whiskey to their
lips, every time they put the
tobacco to their mouths....
They make a decision between a
longer, duller life or the life
that they are choosing to live....
Yet I can see the desperation in
their eyes; I can see
that for every year that they age,
they remove themselves another year from their
childhood and their youthful dreams...
I can see that the only time
They will smell the
fragrance of a lady is
when they choose to pay for her...
I can see that they care not a
bit about Eternity, but only for today...
But, that is Just Alright
with me and the Lord

If everybody went to heaven they'd run out of room.... Rev Buckman

My, my, y'all(yeah, I'm southern).."...what a long strange trip it's been."

So, I'm looking back on old posts...
I broke my foot, OK?...

"they shoot horses...don't they?"

trivia ???...Horace who????

Edited by - rodeo on 07/13/2011 09:32:52
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  18:36:50  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
His eye may be on the sparrow
but some don't get a glance.
Kneeling on the road he asked
For another try at a second chance.
The wind it whispers memories
Of the moonlight and the boy.
He can hear that aching melody
Sing of loss and sing of joy.

Why does it seem some children
Get so far lost before they're found?
Fallen angels crying for mercy
Too scared to make a sound.
The anger and the sadness
Drown out the call of grace
Redemption visits a time or two
In the end there's not a trace.

Amazing how it spirals down
Once you start to lose your way.
The melodies and words get old
No new notes left to play.
The crooked roads, the shadowed halls
Seem normal for awhile
Stumbling thru the streets and alleys
Faces dying for a smile.

Truth be told, a battered heart
Can leave the ground and fly
The moment it leaves the hole it's in
Is the moment it hits the sky.
There's magic weaved into every day
It's in evry breath we take
A hero's role is in each of us
It's in the choices that we make.

His eye may be on the sparrow
but some don't get a glance.
Kneeling on the road he asked
For another try at a second chance.
The wind it whispers memories
Of the moonlight and the boy.
He can hear that aching melody
Sing of loss and sing of joy.

Why does it seem some children
Get so far lost before they're found?
Fallen angels crying for mercy

Go to Top of Page

San Diego
Rocker

472 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  12:30:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Serendipity. Being in LA Tuesday when Canter's Deli celebrated 80 years in business with a block-long crowd. A hangout for writers, actors, and musicians because it's open 24/7 and just down the street from CBS. A special anniversary plate was offered 4pm to midnight. The $11.75 corned beef sandwich sold for 80 cents. 5000 pounds worth. Piled high on crusty rye, potato salad, sour pickle, and chocolate chip rugelach. An accordian player in rainbow-colored cowboy boots danced up and down Fairfax singing, "Hava Nagila, Hava Nagila, Hava Nagila, and pass the mustard please!"

Go to Top of Page

San Diego
Rocker

472 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  13:06:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Metropolitan Transit Authority and Cal Trans is demoing and rebuilding the south side of the Mulholland Drive Bridge, "widening it 10 feet and designing it to meet latest seismic standards. The bridge spans the 12 lane 405 Freeway which carries hundreds of thousands of vehicles each day. The 405 will close this evening at 7pm through Monday the 18th at 6am. Severe traffic conditions are predicted. The time allowed for the billion dollar project is 53 hours. Workers on top (80 feet high) are strapped into fall-protection gear, and concrete pieces raining down on the 405 should be no larger than basketballs." Chief engineer, Mike Barbour, who rebuilt the roads in Iraq says, "This is like performing heart surgery on a patient who is running a marathon." Mike has some other concerns; are the gas lines safe, will it cause a landslide, and... where will they put all the traffic? Los Angeles Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa has a suggestion, "Go on vacation." Can't wait for the sequel next year when they demo and rebuild the north side.

(Quotes are from LA Times.)

Jet Blue Airlines offered a special which sold out in minutes. If you can get to Burbank Airport they'll fly you over the construction sight, a flight of approximately 6 minutes. The cost, 405. Four dollars and five cents. Back to you, Blaine.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1830 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  13:13:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Reverend B-
"Kneeling on the road he asked
For another try at a second chance."

Canter's... Not the Stage, but not bad.

Rodeo-
Do you have posts from the original Old Blue Board?
Go to Top of Page

Becka
Sitter

95 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  13:38:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Rev....
Best verse =
Truth be told, a battered heart
Can leave the ground and fly
The moment it leaves the hole it's in
Is the moment it hits the sky.
There's magic weaved into every day
A hero's role is in each of us
It's in the choices that we make.

Go to Top of Page

rodeo
Swinger

USA
733 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  15:32:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ailinn

Reverend B-
"Kneeling on the road he asked
For another try at a second chance."

Canter's... Not the Stage, but not bad.

Rodeo-
Do you have posts from the original Old Blue Board?

I don't.
I think Mr. Beve may be the best/only source of any of those...
I never found out to what extent.

Mikey!?!? you out there, man?
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1830 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  17:26:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Rodeo. I'm looking for the old Prodigy stuff and posts before October '99.
Go to Top of Page

Jonmark
Windchimer

USA
1787 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  13:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Jonmark's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
According to the Beve, these are all that were saved:
http://www.jonmarkstone.com/bb/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1830 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  16:22:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Jonmark. I didn't get a computer until October '99. Smooth sailin' then. Three bells.

Post of Mick's on Old Blue Board:

FRONT PORCH
From ~*~
COMMENTS

Once a long while ago the world was all blue and gold. In the still of the night...they came...stealing the blue and the gold, leaving only the coldest of grey. It was that way for a very very long time; grey, so long the "Porchers" lost their memory of the wonderful porch. All but one....the WEBMASTER...who quietly went about to recover the light. He worked both night and day crunching the numbers in his solitary room while outside his window his friends all ran up and down the beach playing in the blue......you see...it was not their...or...even his blue that had disappeared....no....only the blue from the Porch. So why did he care...why did it matter to him. The "Porchers" seemed content to stare into their grey dull windows...day after day after day.. No one cared....they had not seen blue and gold for so long, they lost their appreciation for its beauty. All but One. ~*~

(posted the way he wrote it right down to the last...dot.)
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  18:22:50  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Stage. Man at the door been there 50 years,watched his hair recede over the years into the bad rug that sits there now. Pastrami with melted swiss on rye.... and two plates. Cole slaw and onion rings that don't get eaten. A jar of mustard to go. Back out into the sunshine and madness of midtown glory and pain.
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

108 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  19:50:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Carbonated blood in that city.
A privilege to dance with you.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2703 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2011 :  18:09:49  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are a very few times,
between your birth and your death,
when a bright light shines into
the darkest corners of your soul
and you see everything clearly for a second,
like an illuminated black and white photo
of a crime scene.

Then the light goes black
and you spend the rest of your life trying
to remember what you saw.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 161  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000