New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 147 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  16:30:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When he sits down at the table in any restaurant, he knows what will go home in her purse. The way she fingers the demitasse cup and saucer, the miniature Eiffel Tower salt and pepper shakers. The condiment crosses at Cucina Del Dios. Well... Maybe not. She's a superstitious thief.

Harlem Nocturne Party II. The Columbia crowd reeking of ennui. His muse in tulle or taffeta. Hat with spotted veil. Her long neck bleached and shadowed like a Bassman photograph. His muse. Shorn hair and torn stockings, asleep outside his door. Her chandelier earrings. His blue, blue eyes. Surreal pas de deux with their fluid identies in free fall.

"Contrails. Pixels. Parallel lives. Light..." he says, "...like scent, it tells a story." He's looking at her so intently. His eyes are blue. Wearily shadowed. "No back story, please," she says.

"Cut!" the Director orders.

Edited by - Ailinn on 02/07/2010 16:38:11
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2010 :  06:54:46  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There was never such a moment
Til you
There was never such a sunrise
Til you
There was never such a time
That it was so hard to say goodbye
And I never missed a touch so much
And the look in someone's eyes...
Til you
Not Til you...

I never knew I was handsome
Or funny, or smart
Never knew I wasn't alone
Or that I had a heart
Now that you're gone
There's so much I didn't say
So much to remember
So much I have to pay

You made me feel like a movie star
So clever was your way
You made me feel beautiful
And that I began your day
I never did get thru to you
Just what you meant to me
I never made it clear, like you
Just how you made me see

That

I never had a song to sing
Til you
I never had a girl to miss
Til you
There's been so many days
In my life and times
But in the days before and after you
It seems that nothing rhymes

There was never such a moment
Til you
There was never such a sunrise
Til you
There was never such a time
That it was so hard to say goodbye
And I never missed a touch so much
And the look in someone's eyes...
Til you

Not Til you...

Hank Beukema - revbuckman music 2004
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  17:30:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
...not where she wanted to be. But there she was, hollow with longing. Trying to prepare for the next life. The one he believed in.

Antonio tended their garden. Alive where those around them were not. When lush velvet petals broke into bloom... When ferny, green vines curled around them. Antonio said it was a garden in the Spirit World. Antonio, too, though, is superstitious.
Go to Top of Page

rodeo
Swinger

USA
733 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  06:56:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Aftermath

As time passed she longed to see himů as he did her. She stuck by her decision. He respected it. So there they were, mired in their isolationůmere miles from each other. He never went into town.She often regretted the pious choice she had made. She had gained an understanding of why he had to do what he had done. She never told him so.

So many lives were changed for the better. The town was a different place. Lives could be lived as they were meant to be lived.

Except for theirs.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  13:09:45  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
He knelt in the August road and
told his son he loved him
for the last time
then slithered into a green bottle to drown.

When it overflowed and he fell out
much too late in the dance,
he sometimes thought it snowed too much
and that baseball was coming soon
but he mostly couldn't remember
why he cared;
about much of anything.

But he knew he could,
he knew he did,

once and future.
Go to Top of Page

andrew p
Firefly

USA
3934 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  19:07:24  Show Profile  Visit andrew p's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
bless you Hank...love ya man
andrew

"Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet." ~Roger Miller~
Go to Top of Page

BarbraG
Windchimer

1802 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  01:14:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There never was a place she could go to just sit and read and
relax, pictures forming in her brain from the words written
on two porches ..... the front and the back. Faces, images,
broken hearts, soul-searching, tributes to lost loved ones and
the ones just found, -- going through her mind at high speed at
times and slow at others. A gentle place to visit, with searchlights beckoning her to come
and to stay, in the blaring sunlight or in the purple haze that hangs so sweetly in the air
and makes it hard to leave when it's time to go. Like now.

BGee

Edited by - BarbraG on 02/28/2010 01:19:34
Go to Top of Page

Grania
Rocker

103 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  20:27:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Love to you, Reverend B.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  20:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
-from Red Pictures, for JSD.

He came back. He looked the same on the outside. Handsome still. But every night he woke up screaming and he pinned her to their wet bed. No 911 number then. He told her how he set the Huey down. How they came in a wave running at him. 19 years old in Charlie country. His 3am sweat tasted like vinegar. In the morning what he wanted was two over-easy and toast. "Burn it!" he insisted. The plush cushion behind his wired spine. She brushed her long mahogany-colored hair. Permanent bruises on her delicate wrists. Blue shadows. He said he was getting comfortable with Death in the room while they tried to keep their lives from unraveling beside Interstate 5.

"...and in that time
when men decide to feel safe
to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace
those gentle heroes you left behind."

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
1 January 1970
Dak To, Vietnam

Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  21:59:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"...but!... Isn't the paisley sky beautiful!" she says. A spiral of honey hits his toast. Life before the Revolution.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  18:09:35  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The first time I left Martina,
she screamed, she wailed,
she threw things at me from the door,
she threw gravel at the car.

Years later when she left me
for the last time,
I did the same things,

Towards the sky.
Go to Top of Page

BarbraG
Windchimer

1802 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  20:28:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Walking Wounded souls are everywhere. They come back... or
do they? Pictures permanently branded inside their brains are
ever before them, surrounding them like a python, squeezing their
last bits of sanity away... War is hell on the homefront,
when they return. They're looking for what they knew as "home",
but they never really find it again. It's lost to them ...
forever buried on a faraway battlefield ... in their minds. The ones who don't come back walking
may not be the ones who suffer the most... How can we ever know?

Our children .. straight from high school .. into war -- still manage
to die like men, I've heard. If that gives comfort to anyone,
let it be me.

Edited by - BarbraG on 03/01/2010 20:31:35
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  17:49:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Casa Del Zorro. For sale behind chicken wire now. The money left town just ahead of the Feds. BANG! How he loves her aim. The way her hand comes up firing green bottles and beer cans off the broken stone wall.

"Take your sunglasses off," he says.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  17:24:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
We've been friends long enough, he says
Patting the tortillas dry
Letting some cigarette ash fall into the cornmeal
I look up from the shredded lettuce and cheese
He gets edgy when I don't meet his eyes
So I look up
But I don't say a word
Hey
No use fishing for trouble
And look at him
Something is about to sneak up on him
And he knows it

Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  19:33:06  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Been feeling lately,
like something is sneaking up on me.
Or pushing me towards a cliff
that I can't see.

But I still have that
tiny, idiotic
mustard-seed of faith
that I will
someday learn to fly.
Go to Top of Page

buckman
Firefly

USA
2698 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  08:05:28  Show Profile  Visit buckman's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Angels I have never seen
but only heard,
wrap me in their wings
and carry me thru the nite.

~*~
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  18:25:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Making Movies

"You're the AD, Baby. You scout the location," he says. So they move to the high house at the ocean end of town where the pavement ends and the gravel path narrows. Hard to see with all those trees around. He has to walk out to the road to collect the mail. She climbs twenty-one steps to fill the bird feeders. One morning a WIDE LOAD truck arrives with a Fayetteville gazebo and a Del Mar gondola balloon. A bright red crane sets them down on the edge of the bluff. Sandstone riprapping down the cliff side. That night, blushing clouds at sunset when the Sky West Express glides into Palomar. Hot stars above. Alive for hours. Wide-angle shot. Diffusion filter. Cue music. Pan out to ships at sea.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  19:06:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"No dark books," he says. Pieces of bright sky falling.

"...where the bougainvillea brazenly dreams," he says, "...that story."

He's redesigning History in the kitchen. Many napkins. Gold ink.
Go to Top of Page

Ailinn
Windchimer

1514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  17:17:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
She wants him on the street. Gold locket watch in his pocket. Pistol in his boot. Laughing when he falls through that hole in the sky, white shirt shining. And there he is! Stepping over cracks in the sidewalk. Whistling a tune that makes her lean against him.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Smith
Windchimer

2381 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  18:57:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And I looked at her in disbelief, ....... slowly ...... and said ....
I think I'll ........ have another drink.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 147  Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Mickey Newbury Web Board © 2003 Mickeynewbury.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000